Our third party marketing team is on the road this week and excited to attend the Schwab IMPACT® conference in Chicago from November 14-17. If you’re also going to be in town, drop by our booth (#1164) to say hi!
While we know your focus is the conference, learning as much as you can, and making new connections, don’t forget to get out and explore Chicago as well! Narrowing down your choices can be a bit overwhelming, so there are the top 6 things we recommend:
- Explore Chinatown: Chicago’s Chinatown is one of the oldest in the country—it was established in 1912—and you can enter through the amazing gate to walk along Wentworth Avenue. There are shops, restaurants, museums, along with beautiful statues and art.
- Set up a meeting with our managers: For the last 7 years, Havener Capital Partners has been connecting undiscovered and new mutual funds with investors in the RIA, family office, and wealth management channels. If you’re planning to be in Chicago, November 14-17, use this link to schedule a meeting with our portfolio managers!
- Stroll through the Prairie Avenue Historic District: This Chicago landmark (also on the National Register of Historic Places) was the city’s most fashionable residential district after the Great Chicago Fire in 1871. The six-block stretch was home to more than 75 millionaires and some of the mansions are still standing for you to tour.
- Visit museums: Chicago has several wonderful museums, but two of the best that are closest to the conference are The Field Museum of Natural History and The Art Institute of Chicago.
- Eat, eat, eat: Chicago is home to some of the best restaurants in the world—you’ll be hard-pressed to find a bad meal. If you have time, scope out Girl & The Goat, Smoque BBQ, Alinea, Grace, and Topolobampo. Really just want some great Chicago pizza? Some of the more iconic establishments include Art of Pizza, Burt’s Place, and Gino’s East.
- Have dinner with us: You’re invited for dinners, drinks, and conversation on November 15th in a private room at The Gage. Wine and dine with members of the Havener team, as well as some of our clients. Click here to learn more and RSVP!
Enjoy your time in Chicago this week—we hope to see you there!