"It's the most wonderful time of the year." Or is it? Holiday music is filling the air, Starbucks has color on their cups (other than green), people are talking about what gifts to buy others. While this may have some people giddy, it may leave others filled with anxiety thinking about the perfect gift. In the mutual fund industry, you don’t want to look cheap by buying an inexpensive gift, yet at the same time, you don’t want to spend your fortune.
So whether you are purchasing gifts for your clients, co-workers or friends, here is a list of 10 unique gift ideas to help kick-start your holiday shopping season:
- Anything YETI. Specializing in Premium Coolers, Drinkware, Gear, and Apparel, they claim they have “Gifts for the Wild." View YETI gift ideas here.
- Custom Star Maps. Does your special someone or client have a night that they should remember? Perhaps it was the day their mutual fund was born. Create a map of the stars and frame it. View The Night Sky framed pictures here.
- Get Personal. Pretty much anything you can think of can be personalized with either a client name, employee name, or company name. Check out the Personalization mall for engraved beer or coffee mugs, stop watches, portfolios, money clips, and much more!
- Gift Cards. I’m going to go out on a limb here and assume most people like money. So, instead of a gift card to a specific location, give the gift of money in a VISA or AMEX.
- Amazon’s Alexa & Echo. Ask her just about anything. She will tell you the answer. Disclaimer: It may not always be what you want to hear (ha)! View deals here.
- Man Crates. Crates packed with food items men love (or at least some men might love). Check out a variety of their offerings here.
- Personalized Christmas Ornaments. Make it something they will want to hang on their tree year after year.
- Big Green Egg. If you know someone who enjoys cooking, give them the ultimate cooking experience. Just about anything that is cooked inside the Green Egg is delish.
- Tickets to a sporting event. For the person who loves all things sports, get them season tickets. College or professiona sports, you can't go wrong here.
- For the traveler on your list, buy them a hotel gift card or airline gift card (or both if they’ve been good)! Let them choose their destination.
Take the stress out of this holiday season and start shopping early. With Black Friday and Cyber Monday on the horizon, take advantage of the shopping deals and then sit back, relax and enjoy the holidays!
About the Author
Paige Blankenship is the Director of Marketing at Havener Capital Partners. She is responsible for overseeing creative, branding and marketing efforts for Havener’s clients as well as the firm. Paige makes fact sheets look stylish, combines flair with content on websites, and gives visual representation to the things that make a firm unique.