There are a million (seriously, a million) of things to do in Chicago. But, if you are planning to be there next week (June 11-13) for the Morningstar Investment Conference, we've put together a list of 6 things to do while you are visiting.
Let us be your guide.
6 THINGS TO DO WHILE VISITING THE WINDY CITY:
- Explore Chinatown: Chicago’s Chinatown is one of the oldest in the country—it was established in 1912—and you can enter through the amazing gate to walk along Wentworth Avenue. There are shops, restaurants, museums, along with beautiful statues and art.
- Set up a meeting with our managers: For the last 8 years, Havener Capital Partners has been connecting undiscovered and new mutual funds with investors in the RIA, family office, and wealth management channels. If you’re planning to be in Chicago, June 11-13, use this link to schedule a meeting with our portfolio managers!
- Stroll through the Prairie Avenue Historic District: This Chicago landmark (also on the National Register of Historic Places) was the city’s most fashionable residential district after the Great Chicago Fire in 1871. The six-block stretch was home to more than 75 millionaires and some of the mansions are still standing for you to tour.
- Visit museums: Chicago has several wonderful museums, but two of the best that are closest to the conference are The Field Museum of Natural History and The Art Institute of Chicago.
- Eat, eat, eat: Chicago is home to some of the best restaurants in the world—you’ll be hard-pressed to find a bad meal. If you have time, scope out Girl & The Goat, Smoque BBQ, Alinea, Grace, and Topolobampo. Really just want some great Chicago pizza? Some of the more iconic establishments include Art of Pizza, Burt’s Place, and Gino’s East.
- Have dinner with us: You’re invited for dinners, drinks, and conversation on Monday, June 11 @ 7pm at the Weber Grill in Chicago. Wine and dine with members of the Havener team, as well as some of our clients. Click here to learn more and RSVP!
Last but not least, stop by our booth (#554), to say hi and enter to win a cool lego set, pick up a Rock Star T-shirt, or even collect a few additional cool swag items!
Enjoy your time in Chicago next week—we hope to see you there!